Natural Hay Fever Treatments And Prevention Individuals Need To KnowGloria Dsouza
There are individuals who are experiencing health issues that affect their performance such as allergies. Allergy is a reaction by the immune system due to hypersensitivity. Unfortunately, simple allergies may turn into diseases like food allergies, atopic dermatitis, allergic asthma, anaphylaxis and hay fever.
As of now, hay fever is one of the most popular diseases individuals encounter that causes symptoms such as:
- Runny nose
- Itchy eyes, mouth or skin
- Stuffy nose due to blockage or congestion
This is mostly experienced due to several factors like:
- Outdoor allergens, such as pollens from grass, trees and weeds.
- Indoor allergens, such as pet hair or dander, dust mites and mold.
- Irritants, such as cigarette smoke, perfume and diesel exhaust.
Surely, individuals can find medications that can help them prevent such issue. However, some individuals are still looking for natural treatments. Luckily, there are now natural hay fever treatments and preventions individuals can do. Below are some of the following.
Herbs – One of the best options individuals can do to prevent hay fever naturally is to make use of herbs. Herbs like Chamomile, Ginger, Green Tea, Peppermint and Butterbur can healthily help individuals prevent hay fever. For instance, Butterbur can help reduce inflammation. Not to mention, Butterbur also blocks histamines and leukotrienes. Plus, health experts claim that Butterbur can help relive sneezing, itchy eyes, sinus congestion and headaches.
Steaming – In case that you want an easier option, individuals can also try steaming. Steaming produces excellent results to break up congestion. By adding Eucalyptus oil, steaming technique can become more effective.
Omega-3 fatty acids – Consuming food items with omega-3 fatty acids can also help get rid of hay fever. This is possible since it can help lower the amounts of inflammatory chemicals produced by the body after exposure to an allergen.
Positive Association Technique – Finally, individuals can also opt for Positive Association Technique (PAT). PAT is a natural allergy treatment that aims to reduce the symptoms of allergies, sensitivities and intolerances. Other benefits of this treatment are:
- Draws on acupressure and kinesiology techniques.
- Aims to re-train your body.
- May reduce your reactions to substances that may be causing or exacerbating your hay fever symptoms.
In order to make treatments more effective, it is also important for individuals to know preventative methods. These include the following:
- Keep windows closed during high pollen periods; use air conditioning in your home and car.
- Wear glasses or sunglasses when outdoors to keep pollen out of your eyes.
- Use "mite-proof" bedding covers to limit exposure to dust mites and a dehumidifier to control mold.
- Wash your hands after petting any animal and have a non-allergic person help with pet grooming, preferably in a well-ventilated area or outside.
Knowing all these will allow individuals to treat and prevent hay fever, which can help them improve their health and lifestyle. Click here for more.